To be able to submit the CDA file from Medici to the NHSN, there are some setup information that will need to be pulled from your NHSN account. Below is all information you will need before you can be setup.
- Location Codes for all Inpatient Locations plus ED and 24 Hour Observation in your NHSN account.
- NHSN OID – Please note that if you do not currently have one that you will need to request the NHSN to issue one for your account. Instruction for how to request this can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/cda/OID_Assignment_Procedure.pdf
- After logging into Medici, you will need to navigate to the Setup button.
- In the setup dropdown, select Facility.
- In the Setup Facilities page, click on the Medici Facility Name for your Facility.
- Select Edit Medici Name under the Medici Facility Name dropdown.
- Under the Facility, input the OID that has been assigned by the NHSN.
- Additionally on this menu, you can choose to exclude this facility from showing up in the Analyzer. Click save to keep all your changes.
- Your OID will now be listed under the Classification section of the Facility mapping.